9.30.2011

Spider Web Bowl

Back in April I made a paper mache egg like the one my grandma had made when I was a kid.  If you haven't seen it, check it out here.  I always have warm memories of her crafts.  One day last week, I had the thought of why not making a bowl the same way.  It was pretty simple, and I love the way it turned out.  Here's what I did.
I used a smaller balloon,  liquid starch and a roll of yarn.
Wrapped the balloon with the starch dipped yarn.  I made the bottom fuller than the top.

 Let the balloon dry, then pop the balloon.

 Once it was dried and I cleaned it up, I cut the top off to make it like a bowl. I had Steve spray paint it to make it shiny.

I added a few Osage Oranges, a couple of spiders, and here is my adorable Spider Web Bowl.

I hope you all enjoy and have a great weekend!
♥ BJ

I would like to thank Steve for spray painting it for me, and Barry for going out in the rain to get my Osage Oranges.  I couldn't have finished it without them!

Tip Junkie handmade projects

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That is awesome! It looks pretty easy to do, too.

Stopping by fromt he blog hop.

Blogs said...

u guys are too fun...def. wish we could take the kids trick or treating together:)

Jennifer said...

Such a neat idea! I might try this myself! Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

That is so cute! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi! New Following here from FF!
Love your blog , i am happy i found it..love the wreath with Buzz thats a great idea!!
http://mamilibelula.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

So cute! Great idea!!!

TriGirl said...

That is so cool!