9.20.2011

Homemade Applesauce

I made a new tradition a few years back of making homemade Applesauce.  I personally don't eat applesauce, I like apples, but don't dig the sauce so much.  I learned though that if I make it myself that I can make it a little chunkier and to a taste that I enjoy.  So, we began making our own about three years ago.

What you'll need:

6 apples           or     3 lbs of apples       (I usually use Jonagold apples that we pick ourselves here in OH)
1 tsp sugar              2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon    1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water            1 cup water


Peel, core and cut apples
Place in pot, add cinnamon, water and sugar
Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes
Mash to desired consistency
Enjoy

4 comments:

Yasmeen said...

Awesome - I love DIY foods. I haven't tried making applesauce but you make it sound simple enough! Something I'll try in a few months when autumn hits and apples are in season.

Alessandra said...

Hi! I love the Fall theme of your blog, it is fantastic! This recipe looks delicious!

Good Girl Gone Green said...

I love homemade applesauce!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

It just amazes me how much better homemade is than store bought! I love homemade pickled beets - so much that I can't hardly stand to eat the stuff from a grocery store anymore. I can't wait to try your recipe!

Thanks so much for joining the Train!