5.31.2011

Most amazing food at Disney World

Today I'm not going to share a recipe, but the most amazing food I ate down at Disney.  We purchased the Disney Dining plan which included 1 snack, 1 Quick Service Meal, and 1 Table Service.  Being that we have never been to Disney, we didn't realize how big the portions were, and that Dessert comes with the Quick Service and Table Service Meal! We were pretty overwhelmed at first.  With all of that dessert, we struggled to even want to eat a snack.

Before going on our amazing trip, I did a lot of planning and researching.  I was amazed when I found out that you don't have to eat just the little snacks that they provide on the Dining Plan Brochure.  When you visit the different parks, each restaurant or snack shack has a sign which indicates whether your DDP covers the food.  I found some amazing finds.  For example, Steve got the most amazing Rice Krispie treat covered in chocolate and drizzled with Werther's Caramels, in Germany.  This place was to die for!

Located at the Magic Kingdom in Adventureland, they have the most delicious soft serve.  I got the Dole Whip Float with Pineapple soft serve. Can we say OMG?!!! Look at this thing, I could have lived off of just these, they were AMAZING!

For the most delicious meal I've EVER eaten, we went to Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.  Steve and I were very leery about going here.  It was a character meal, but it was all of the princesses. My first question to the lovely lady I was on the phone with booking this was, will there be boys there?  She said of course, and there were, but they all had sisters with them.  I figured, hey, they'll be the little Prince Charmings. It was really no big deal, and I am so glad we went.  The Princesses were lovely, and they loved my little Prince.  Snow White made D's day!  She was definitely the most personable and acted like she truly loved her job.  Don't get me wrong, they were all nice, but Snow White went above and beyond, and for that she made one little boy, very, very happy!  D got his first lipstick kiss, and was done the rest of the night.  He didn't want it washed off or touched, we had to take several pictures of it.  Boy, am I in trouble when he gets older. haha

Everything about this place was amazing.  They treated everyone like royalty, and the food, holy cow, it was the best food I have ever eaten in my life.  It had flavor, and it was portioned just right, and the dessert was delicious.  I had the Mushroom-stuffed Pasta with Swiss Chard, Oven-roasted Shiitakes, and Parmesan Cream.

Can we say Heaven??!!

Steve had Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Rutabaga Mashed Potato, Haricots Verts, and Caramelized Onion Sauce.  Which he went on and on about too.  

I wish I had a picture of the desserts, but I was too excited, and forgot to take a picture. We were served family style Sweet and Savory Chocolate Mousse, Traditional Rice Cream
topped with Strawberry Sauce, Flaky Puff Pastry filled with Mascarpone Mousse topped with fresh Berries

Seriously, the best meal EVER!  If you go, even if you don't have children, you have to eat here, it is so worth it!  

We also had a lovely meal at the Sci-Fi Cafe, the food was good, but the atmosphere was great, and we had really great service.  It is somewhere worth trying too.



As for the Quick Service meals, they were okay, nothing to die for.  Most were large portions, which I could share with little man, but they weren't overly tasty.  I guess quick service says it all.  

If you go to Disney World, the DDP is worth every penny you pay.  You can eat anything off the menu, get dessert and a non-alcholic beverage.  Down there, it really adds up, but when you get your bill and it says $0.00, it made me feel a hole lot better, and I could eat whatever I wanted, not just the cheapest thing on the menu.  

I hope this helps any of you planning a trip.  It truly is a magical place!  We love it and can't wait to go back. 




11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh, wow, yummy! Love the eating in the car! How fun!!!

Julia said...

I love the food at Disney and loved reading this post! We've never been to Akershus Banquet Hall, but after reading this we might have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

I stumbled this post.
http://confessionsofafrugalmind.blogspot.com/2011/05/frugal-tuesday-tip-at-movies.html

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

I love the picture! I stumbled you, my post is - http://www.marvelousmommy.com/2011/05/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes-with-cookie-dough-buttercream-frosting/

Alida Sharp said...

ooh it all looks good! I keep hearing about the Dole Whip... one of these days!

Keenly Kristin said...

Wow!! This sounds amazing!! (and a lot of fun!)

Stumbled you...my post is:
http://keenlykristin.com/2011/05/the-summer-of-kristin-happy-birthday-rock-roll/

Thanks!
Kristin :)

Kristin Aquariann said...

My best friend goes to Disney every year and some day I will make it there with her to experience it right - I've never tried the DDP. It sounds fantastic.

I stumbled! My post -:¦:- Hosta Lifelines -:¦:-

Yannie said...

Looks delicious.. my saliva is drooling when i saw the foods... LOL


I stumbled you, please stumble on my post, Moles Linked to Delayed Ageing

Mama.Mommy.Mom. said...

Stumbled you! My link is http://www.mamamommymom.com/2011/05/pan-seared-chicken-with-honey-mustard.html

Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

Eliza said...

YUUUUMMM! That looks fabulous!!!!

Sara said...

Love the Dole Whip. Yum Yum Yum!

I stumbled you. My post is http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/05/jane-jones-worst-vampire-ever.html

Claudia said...

I came across your blog looking for that AMAZING mushroom ravioli dish recipe. The food there was unbelievable! I've already made the Kjøttkake which were the meatballs and gravy over mashed potatoes. It was an amazing dinner with the most incredible food and atmosphere. The cold buffet was even amazing and it made it that much more fun for us because my Grandmother was born in Norway, so I'm 2nd generation Norwegian-American. I agree with, everyone who goes to Disney should eat at this restaurant. And if you have little girls (2 for us), they went nuts over the 5 Princesses we saw and that was priceless! :)