5.09.2011

"It's a Dry Heat"

So, who coined the phrase, “it’s a dry heat!”  Are you kidding me?
I recently visited Phoenix, Arizona for the first time in my life last week.  Of course the week I had to be there for a conference, the temperature each day was 100, 101, and 100 with sun filled skies every day.  Now it was a huge contrast in weather considering I left a cloudy, cool and soggy Ohio.  I don’t think I have seen the sun for a couple of weeks here in Ohio.  Maybe I was just shell shocked at the difference in temperature but it felt like I was sticking my head in an oven.  The humidity average just under 10%, so I know that’s where we get our dry heat.
I would have to say that the scenery was beautiful though.  I was able to play a gorgeous golf course and see some of the native animals that inhabit the desert.  My favorite had to be the roadrunner.  Yes, they exist and are real.  I say this because my wife did not believe me.  So the proof is in the photos.
BEEP BEEP


Well if you have never been there, it truly is a beautiful place.  There scenery is absolutely stunning.







After looking around and sightseeing for awhile, I finally got the message from the Arizona desert.

Leave.


Did the desert just flip me off??

I think it did..



Steve ✈

5 comments:

Janice said...

Your post had me lol. I am an AZ native, and yes it is a little like sticking your head in the oven. Especially around July when it feels like your skin is being seared off. ;)

Anyway, following you via GFC. :)

Janice
Celebrating Family

everyday products and more said...

love these pics and the cactus lol following from the hop
http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

Lexie Lane said...

Oh my gosh!!!! This is WAY too funny! I couldn't stop laughing and now my husband thinks I'm crazy cause I'm laughing really hard to myself.

Following you here from the Mingle Monday Blog Hop.

Please come visit us at voiceBoks - The Voice of Motherhood and find out what

everyone's saying, doing, etc. There, you'll also meet a really great group of wonderful women who love to connect and meet new people.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day! Have a lovely week!

Take Care,

Lexie Lane
www.voiceboks.com

P.S. Please come and join our year long Hop with Hopper Strategized when you have a chance!

Rachel said...

HA HA HA!! The cactus picture cracks me up!

We went on vacation once and stopped at a road side park in Arizona to make sandwiches. No joke- our bread dehydrated before we could get the sandwiches made and eaten. It was that hot. It was like 115 or 120- no joke. And I thought Texas heat was bad!

:)
Rach

Lolly Jane said...

hahah i have to laugh as i live in good ol az, born & raised. LOVE IT HERE! i'll take the "dry heat" over the wet cold any day!!! (:

sorry our cactus was so rude to you! ;) new follower from tara's blog hop!

(: kelli & kristi