Did you attend college? Well if you did, you may have attended a frat party once or twice. The reason I say frat party is because I was in a fraternity. Now, even if you didn’t go to college, I’m sure you have attended similar parties.
When I look around my house now, I see similarities with regard to destruction and chaos due to my two boys. So here are a few things that I have noticed and are eerily similar:
- There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Four are in the bathtub.
- It’s best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.
- Something will get broken.
- You’ve got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink. (Almost every day for us)
- There’s definitely going to be a fight.
- You’re not sure whether anything you’re doing is right, you just hope it won’t get you arrested. (So far, so good)
- There are crumpled-up underpants everywhere. (Daily, I am staring at 2 pair right now.)
- You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you, got there. (Little Houdini’s)
- You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone’s going to start banging on the door. (No peace and quiet)
By this point I am sure we are in agreement that having kids is similar to a party. I look at these and giggle about how true they really are. And as I am writing this, my almost 5 year old is beating on his drum set so hard that it is giving me a headache.
Ahhh, just like a frat party!