5.23.2011

Why Having a Toddler is Like Being at a Frat Party


Did you attend college?  Well if you did, you may have attended a frat party once or twice.  The reason I say frat party is because I was in a fraternity.  Now, even if you didn’t go to college, I’m sure you have attended similar parties.  
When I look around my house now, I see similarities with regard to destruction and chaos due to my two boys.  So here are a few things that I have noticed and are eerily similar:
-  There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Four are in the bathtub.
-  It’s best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.
-  Something will get broken.
-  You’ve got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink. (Almost every day for us)
-  There’s definitely going to be a fight.
-  You’re not sure whether anything you’re doing is right, you just hope it won’t get you arrested.  (So far, so good)
-  There are crumpled-up underpants everywhere.  (Daily, I am staring at 2 pair right now.)
-  You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you, got there.  (Little Houdini’s)
-  You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone’s going to start banging on the door.  (No peace and quiet)
By this point I am sure we are in agreement that having kids is similar to a party.  I look at these and giggle about how true they really are.  And as I am writing this, my almost 5 year old is beating on his drum set so hard that it is giving me a headache.  
Ahhh, just like a frat party!

Steve ✈

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love this post. Seriously, I needed a good laugh! Thanks for sharing. And your COMPLETELY correct about all those points too!
Have a wonderful week :)

Shelby said...

SO SO true! We have a toddler right now and I relate to every single point! Thanks for sharing this!

Renee said...

I absolutely love this post. I had to share it. Every mom should read this.

Diane and Chad said...

As a mom to 2 boys also...I know what you're talking about! Mine are wonderful, independent young men now..love them...sigh:)
I am following from the smile hop, hope you'll visit:
http://childhoodmyths.net/blog

Vivianapachecofineart said...

This is all so true, you brough back memories of 5 years ago and the every day parties we had!!!

Anonymous said...

hilarious! And so true.

www.myabcsoup.blogspot.com