5.11.2011

Making a faux tie

I was looking around for some cute ideas for my boys for our upcoming vacation.  I came across these ties that are too easy to make.  Of course I wanted to add a little something to make them fit into our vacation theme.

What you'll need:
fabric
heat and bond
fabric paint and brush
scissors
tie stencil
disappearing ink

I made my tie stencil on a sheet of paper.  You could draw it right onto your fabric, if you're that good, but I'm always afraid of mistakes.
Once I drew the pattern onto the fabric we cut it out
 Make it just a little bigger than you want it so that you can fold the sides over, it makes the edges more durable. Place on heat and bond,  cut around so there isn't excess and iron on.
 We ironed it onto the shirt, then sewed around the edges so that it stays put for good!  
 After it was sewn onto the shirt, I drew a Mickey outline onto it.
 Painted the Mickey head in and....
The finished products.
 Da Freakout thought they were cool.  Luckily he hasn't put two and two together.  We've kept it for 2 1/2 months of where we are going on vacation.  The look on his face is going to be priceless, I hope!

Of course you could put whatever design you wanted on the tie, or nothing at all, they are so cute!

Have a lovely Humpday!

No comments: