5.03.2011

Cucumber salad and sandwich

I love cucumbers, they are healthy and delicious.  I thought I might share 2 of my favorite recipes that you might be able to use for your Mother's day celebration.  


Cucumber Salad
4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 small white onion                                       
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon dill or to taste


Add onions and cucumbers in a bowl
Heat vinegar, water and white sugar in saucepan to boil. 
Pour over cucumbers and onions, refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour add dill


*Another great quick and easy cucumber salad is cut the onion and cucumbers, and add your favorite Italian dressing, let cool, simple and easy and super yummy! 


Cucumber Sandwiches
1 package cream cheese softened
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 (.7) package dry Italian-style salad dressing 
1 loaf bread (I like white without crust, but rye is also good)
2 cucumbers cleaned, not peeled and sliced


Combine cream cheese, sour cream and dressing mix together.  Spread on bread and top with cucumbers.


I hope you enjoy and have a Tasty Tuesday!

8 comments:

Jessi said...

That looks so good - and healthy.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

Yum! I love anything creamy with cucumbers, such a yummy sounding combination! Thanks!

Jacqui' said...

yummy! Looks so healthy and delicious. Im a huge fan of the cucumber =]

The Starwarsmamma said...

Hmm now I want to have a tea party...I'll have to see if I have a proper tea set and then do that.
Following you form the Tuesday trail hop.
ttcandcookin.blogspot.com

Erin said...

I bookmarked this post because I can't WAIT to make those cucumber sandwiches! YUMMY!!

Chrissy said...

Yummy, I love cucumbers!! And that salad recipe sounds like a German one! Delicious! Happy Tuesday sweetie!! xxx

jen said...

I <3 anything cucumber! These are going in my recipe box!

Thanks for riding the train. Now following so I don't miss any of this awesomeness.

The Survival Mama

MMAR said...

I love cucmbers!! These look yummy : )