6.14.2011

Oreo and Fudge Ice Cream Cake- A great Father's Day treat

With Father's Day only days away, I thought I would share a tasty treat that Steve loves, and would make a great dessert for Father's Day Sunday.  It's simple, pretty easy and yummy!

what you'll need:
1/2 cup fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 tub cool whip, thawed
1 pkg(4-serving size) Jello Chocolate Flavored instant pudding and pie filling
8 Oreo sandwich cookies
12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches

Pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl
Stir in 1 cup whipped topping with wire whist until well blended
Add in dry pudding mix, stir 2 minutes (If it's too thick, stir in 1/4 cup milk)
Chop Oreos, stir into pudding mixture
Arrange 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side on a 24x12 inch piece of foil; top with 1/2 pudding mix
Repeat layers
Frost with whipped topping
Bring up foil sides
Freeze 4 hours
Let stand at room temperature and serve.

I hope you all have a Tasty Tuesday.  If you need more recipes head over to 4 the Love of Blogs

6 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG girl, I am dying. That looks and sounds amazing. Hope you are feeling great! xo

Melissa said...

I am visiting from Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop...or Bounce!

This looks so yummy...I may just make it this week!

Please visit me at http://www.winforfun.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Well that just looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Following along....
www.suitcasesandsippycups.com

Alida Sharp said...

Oh my goodness that looks totally decadent! I wish we had ice cream sandwiches here...those are on my list of things I miss about the US.

mc said...

I'm here on the tiggerific blog hop and I'm a new follower. I love the recipe with the Oreos and fudge. My fav. Oreos.stop by my blog too:

http://candoitmom.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Could this look more delicious! I'm totally going to break my diet for this - and it's probably going to be worth every bite :D