6.28.2011

4th of July Recipes

With 4th of July this weekend, I needed to find some yummy recipes to curb my sweet tooth.  My lovely aunt makes a flag cake every year, and it always reminds me of the 4th of July, it's simple and so yummy.


Layer 8 slices of pound cake in a 12x8 baking dish, top with 1 cup of strawberries and blueberries each, 1 8oz of cool whip, design stars and stripes  with 3 cups of strawberries and 1/3 cup blueberries.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.  Enjoy

I also came across this cake that I'm sure I'm making this year, it looks so de-lish!
The recipe is here

I also found these, that I want really badly



I am most definitely making these


There were also these fun recipes at Rice Krispies, and Nick Jr. that the kids will love!!  

I hope that you'll share your favorite 4th of July Recipe or Craft

Have yourself a Tasty Tuesday!


6 comments:

b. lee said...

luv all the 4th of July ideas * I do a similar cake with the blueberries & strawberries every year * sooo good!

Anonymous said...

I think the fruited Cheesecake flag recipe looks so good, and the white chocolate covered strawberries are such a good idea!

I am a new follower and I can't wait to read more!!

1HecticMommy

http://1hecticmommy.blogspot.com

Ida said...

I love your flag cake - and it seems easy to make! I love easy recipes

Blogs said...

now i want cake...thanx

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm. Caaaaake. I LOVE to bake! Following from the Tuesday blog hop. Follow back if you like. :-)http://sarahswifeychronicles.blogspot.com/

Lucy The Valiant said...

Love these! My husband's birthday is the fourth, so I'm always looking for yummy red white and blue deserts for him!