1.31.2011

Super Bowl Appetizers and Craft

No matter if your favorite team made it to the SuperBowl or not (dang Vikings), most of us will throw or attend a SuperBowl party. If you decide to host, how big of a party will depend on how much you want to clean up. Listed below are a couple of quick and easy solutions which make a great appetizer or anytime snack.

Rotel Dip
What you'll need:
1 Large Block Velveeta Cheese
1 Can Rotel
1 lb Sausage
1-2 bags of Tostitos Chips

Cook sausage thoroughly in pan until brown. While sausage is cooking, cut up Velveeta cheese (anyway you want) and add to a 2qt slow cooker. When sausage is finished, drain the grease and add to the slow cooker along with the can of Rotel. Cook on low until cheese is melted.  Stir occasionally.

Note:  If you don't have a 2 qt slow cooker, you can also use a microwave or crock pot.

Wonton Cups
What you'll need:
1 Package Wonton Wrappers
1 lb sausage
Ranch Dressing (to taste)
Cheddar Cheese (to taste)

Cook sausage until brown and drain.  Add sausage to large mixing bowl and stir in ranch dressing and cheddar cheese.  Lay Wonton's over a cupcake tin and add a spoonful of sausage mixture to each. 
Bake in oven on 350 degrees until corners of wonton wrappers are brown.

Now that we have made a few snacks, it's time to have a little fun while the big game is on.  Everyone likes to play armchair quarterback and criticise the refs when they throw a flag.  So we have made our own penalty flags (or B.S. flags) to throw at the TV when a bad call happens.  All you will need are a couple of common household items.

B.S. Flag
Fabric cut to 15" x 15"
Popcorn kernels or uncooked beans
Piece of string or ribbon

1. Add kernels or beans to middle of fabric.
2. Twist fabric so beans stay in middle and tie sting around to hold tight.
3. Throw towards TV when a bad call happens.



This is so quick and easy that you can make several for all that will be watching the game.  Even the little ones get in on the action.






We wish both teams good luck and lets hope for a great game.  Enjoy your family and friends!!!

Go Steelers!!













Steve ✈

13 comments:

Danielle Leal said...

Yum both those appetizers sound delish! And I love the BS flag!! What a great craft!!!
I hope you have a wonderful day friend!

Anonymous said...

Those dishes sound good. We make something similar to the Rotel dip. I think I'm going to try your wonton dish also. Will have to run a few extra miles that day.

**Ashley P** said...

i just love those flags, very neat! I do a similar dip with hormel chili,salsa,and velveeta. I will definitely be trying the wonton dip!
let's Go Steelers!

Unknown said...

I love those BS flags, in fact I like them so much I made one for my boyfriend(a die-hard Steelers fan). I made a post about it if you'd like to check it out. I linked back to you; thanks again and enjoy the game!

http://norwegianphoenix.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

I LOVE the BS flag idea, too cute!! :)

I'm sad that the Super Bowl is going to be played 15 minutes from my house and I can't go. Unless I get a free ticket of course!

Thanks for the recipes, they sound great!

:)
Rach

Crystal said...

I love recipes...thanx for sharing! we don't go to a party (with 6 of us, we make our own party). So I will have to try these.

Hope you are doing good! Have a great week.

Mz E said...

I must say I don't get into the football phase really...ok not at all! *smile* Your snacks however does sound appealing...except for the sausage. ewww! I don't like sausage. I seriously doubt I will be attending ANY superbowl parties yet alone watch it...yeah, I live in another world. *smile* So, I hope you enjoy your football party as well as have a Blessed week! *smile*
Stay Blessed, ma!

Kerbi said...

I'm so excited about all of the upcoming Super Bowl snacks! We make our Rotel Dip the same way!

Jessica Geels said...

Superbowl!!! :-) Thanks for some great ideas!
Much Love,
Jessica

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

Thank you for the comment. The queso recipe reminds me of the time I lived in Texas. I always make sure to have rotel on hand!

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Destiny said...

yeah that would be awesome! I'm up for any night, expect Sunday.

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I love that Rotel dip, and the other sounds yummy too. I love anything with sausage!