1.27.2011

Thirsty Thursday BLOG HOP! A salad and a cocktail!

Happy Thursday lovely ladies and gentlemen!  I am so excited to be co-hosting Thirsty Thursday this week,  with my friends at For the Love of Blogs.  Please go over and give them some love, they deserve it and be sure to leave some with me!

Conch Salad
4 conch cleaned and skin removed
1 small onion
1 stalk celery
1/2 small sweet pepper
1 large tomato
1/2 cup sour orange, lemon, or lime juice
salt, pepper and hot pepper to taste
(Lobster can replace the conch, since most of us can't get it)
                                  


for our drink!

a Yellow Bird
1 1/4 oz light rum                        
1/2 oz Banana Liqueur
1/2 oz Galliano Liqueur
2oz's Orange Juice
2 oz's Pineapple Juice
1 cherry or slice of orange for garnish

When I was in the Bahamas, I had a few of these, they are so yummy!
  Now for our hop!





fortheloveofblogs




7 comments:

Danielle Leal said...

that yellow bird looks delicious! I definitely want to try it sometime.

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I just submitted a recipe for a drink called the Bikini Martini, which is very similar to this one. I could really use one right about now, and let my mind drift off onto some remote white sandy beach :)
Had to come take a look over here since you were co-hosting today!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Blogs said...

yummers! thanks for co-hosting! this is a happy thirsty thursday! xoxo

Ashley said...

Yay co- host! The header looks amazing!!

Morgan said...

The recipe for conch salad sounds absolutely heavenly, makes me think of the Bahamas and Hawaii too. It is a must try soon.

Thanks for co-hosting!

Clayton Thomas said...

Thanks for the hop. Can't wait to get to some of these.

Clay

http://tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/competing-for-mama_26.html

shabnamahsan said...

hi
following you....very nice blog hop....I love that it don't have rule to put badge on participant's blog