1.13.2011

Bacon, Cheese and Potato Chowder and a HOT COCKTAIL

Since it's cold outside everywhere, I thought I would give you a little soup recipe to warm those bones, and a cocktail to get ya cookin!  


What you need:
3 cups milk
1 can potato soup
2 cups of frozen southern-style hash browns
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 slices bacon
1/4 cup green onions




Mix the milk, potato soup and hash browns in pot, heat on low until hot, about 1 hour or so.  Pour in bowl, top with cheese, crumbled bacon and green onion.  ENJOY.  I double and sometimes triple this recipe, it's not very big if you want to feed the entire family.








After Dinner Mint
1/2 oz White creme de menthe
3/4 oz Southern Comfort
1/2 oz vodka
fill with hot chocolate

Stay Warm and Enjoy!  Love, BJ

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Follow your blog , please follow back at;
http://my-hobbies-shop.blogspot.com
Nan

Design It Chic said...

Hey there, Bobbi! That soup sounds so yummy! I'll give it a try this weekend:) Thanks for sharing! I am now following you thanks to Boost My Blog Friday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our last Blog Tutorial that will help you make your blog easier to access and more readers friendly. Stay tuned for new tutorials coming up and plenty other new surprises! Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

That mint cocktail looks SUPER yummy!!! I love mint! :) Stopping by from Thirsty Thursdays! :)

-Mallori said...

Thank you for sharing both these recipes! They sound delicious and I love the idea for the drink! I'm here from Thirsty Thursday on FTLOB. Happy TT!

Rachel said...

I should have looked at this post after I got home and had supper. Now I'm REALLY hungry! I missed lunch!

Have a fab day!!

:)
Rach

Lori said...

Hi! Following for the Social Hop! Your family is beautiful! Please come see me at www.adayinmotherhood.com ;)

Unknown said...

Soup looks fantastic!

Lisa@The Nourishing Homemaker said...

I love the After Dinner Mint! Sounds yummy!

I'm a new follower from Social Parade! :) I'd love for you to follow me back.

The Nourishing Homemaker
http://nurturedfamilylife.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

The soup looks so yummy! Beautiful family too! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! Would love for you to follow back.

http://BlessOthersWithCards.blogspot.com (new blog needs followers :)

http://RaisingFutureLeaders.blogspot.com (Family blog, please don't feel obligated to follow both)

Lisa xoxo

Shah Wharton said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Do watch Being Human it's fabulous. Returning the follow - form wordsinsync.blogspot.com - Enjoy the weekend - Shah. X