1.11.2011

My Favorite Weight loss Must Haves

First off I want to thank all of you that have become followers or are reading this finding something you enjoy and becoming a follower.  I truly appreciate each and everyone of you!  I could have never imagined the wonderful response I have gotten for my little ol' blog.  I love it, and each of you!  I did say I had a big surprise for you all when I hit my 200th follower, well, I did hit it, but have also hit a small wall.  My big surprise was a giveaway, a really cool giveaway, but the owner of the shop still hasn't given me the final green light.  I am soooooo sorry.  I promise, as soon I have the green light I will have something really great for you all.  I hope this doesn't change your mind about becoming a follower. Anyhow, to today's post...



I was called by one of my best buddies Leslie from college this past weekend.  
Leslie from my wedding
She asked if I would be in her wedding in September.  I was thoroughly excited. You know how exciting it is to get engaged and start all of the fun of planning your dream wedding?  For those that haven't experienced it yet, it's an amazing thrill.  Anyway, I got all giddy for her and thought back to those days for myself, then I thought about how I'm going to look in a dress, and reality hit me.  UGH, I love to dress up, but I'm not my college self, well, correction the weight I was at my wedding.  So I decided I have plenty of time, and the weight loss/eating better and watching better starts now!  

I want to share with you the things I use and can't live without when I'm truly watching my weight.  First is a great diet Journal or notebook that you can write down your calories.  YES, it's a lot of work, but it's the only way I have found that I can be accountable for the calories I intake.  This is my favorite
This one breaks everything down for you, it has stickers for when you do good, it has a chart in the front, and it has a small food guide in the back.  The best part about this one, is it's small enough to fit in your purse or diaper bag.  I found mine at Barnes and Noble.

The next must have is The Biggest Loser Complete Calorie Counter
This has every food that you can think of and all the nutritional info in it.  It is also small enough to carry around in your purse

If you have an iPod touch or iPhone, The Fitness Pal app is pretty cool to have.  You wouldn't need the two above if you have it.  It counts your calories for you, tells you how many you have left, and you can put in your exercise and it calculates how many food calories you have remaining.  I love this because I'm really bad at calculating how many food calories I have after exercising.  Usually I don't, then I haven't eaten enough calories to loss the weight. I think that sounds so weird, but I learned that if you don't eat enough calories, you can't lose the weight.  

I think it's important to have a great pair of running or walking shoes.  If you don't know, they are different.  If you run, they are made differently than walking shoes, are vise versa.  So whichever you choose, please be sure to have the right shoes.  I like these

It's important to try on several pair and see what's comfortable for you.

I also feel that the only things you need are one of these
or these

I learned the last time I decided to lose weight that I didn't have to spend big money for a gym membership or a lot of equipment.  All you need is some open road and get out there and walk.  Watch what you eat, and yes you can eat the things you love, but you have to count the calories you intake and burn out!  Bob Harper said on the Biggest Loser one time, if you want that dessert, you can have it, but limit it to ONCE A WEEK, not anymore.  

I have found that all of this works, if you put the time into it.  You have to ask yourself, is your health and happiness worth the work?  We all make choices, choices for ourselves and our families.  If you want something badly enough, you will choose to do it.  I hate the excuse I don't have time, that's crap, just sayin.  30 mins 3 to 4 days a week, can be found for yourself.  Like Nike says, JUST DO IT!  Be strong, and power on.  You are not alone, I'm here doing the same thing.  If you need motivation I will be here to PUMP YOU UP!    

All of the products shown are things I purchase with my own money, nothing was given to me for review, and they are all my personal opinion.

Have a great day, and make it the first day to your weight loss success!  Love, BJ

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping by via the Tuesday Hop to say hello.

Have a great day!
http://poshonabudget.com/2010/12/happy-tuesday-2.html

KM said...

Just found your blog on Blog Bounce. I am following your blog now :)

Good Luck with the weight loss. It's hard but if it was easy than it wouldn't be worth the end result! I am with you on you NEED a good pair of running/walking shoes, it makes all the difference.

KM~
http://www.SAHMingitontheplains.blogspot.com

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

I'm a new follower from today's Blog Hop!! Find me here - www.marvelousmommy.com

♥ LLL with Leslie ♥ said...

Hi!

I am stopping by from FMBT.I am your newest follower. Please follow me too. Have a great day!

Leslie
www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com

Need 2 B Home said...

Just stopped by from FMBT! Wishing you good luck!!
You can find me at http://Need2BHome.blogspot.com
Courtney

Shelly said...

stopping by via the hop. Love your blog. You can visit me at www.creatingmemorieswithallieroo.blogspot.com
Have a good day,
Shelly

Rachel said...

I have the iPhone app "Lose It". It's awesome! It even lists fast food and restaurants so you can know the exact amount of calories you consumed ordering that #7 with fries. Sadly I haven't used it much this year. I've been lazy. I know, no excuses!!

:)
Rach

Jill said...

I'm your newest GFC Follower via Winter Friends Wednesday :)

~ Jill
http://frugalplus.com/

Mandee said...

Those are all great tips! I have to agree with the food journal too. I do so much better when using mine. :)

Sara said...

Here from Follow Me Chickadee. I love the tips. I wouldn't mind running, or walking either. The only problem I have is doing it in 4ft. of snow. :)

Heather M said...

Hey!!1 I just wanted to say thank you soo much for stopping by my little blog!!! I just told my husband a few mins ago, I have eaten like crazy lately, I have got to do something!!! You inspired me!!! Im following you back!

TINA said...

i am your newest follower! love the pic of your little one dressed up as a pea pod for halloween!
http://divababies.blogspot.com/

Valery (CEO Wanna Be) said...

Hi I am just stopping by from the blog hop, stop by any time. I could use a good pair of shoes. Next payday for sure. I just started my weight loss journey. This is going to be a great year with tons of new items for my NEW Boutique
http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

hey I am your newest follower.
please follow me back!
http://nyfamilytimes.blogspot.com/

Calotren said...

Nice Blog. Congrats for weight loss. Thanks for sharing this post. Have great year and a new you. Cheers.

SisWins said...

I am stopping by from the blog hop. I enjoyed reading your weight loss must haves. I have lost 37 pounds on Weight Watchers and feel so good. And your children are adorable! I'm following you and hope you'll check out my blog, too.

http://howtowinfreestuff.blogspot.com/