1.28.2011

Quick and Easy Valentines Gift

I wanted to come up with a quick, inexpensive, and cute idea for my son's teachers.  I have made this before, but thought it would be a perfect "teacher" gift.  I'm talking about Pen flowers!  What teacher doesn't use a pen, right? They are so easy to make, and really inexpensive.

Here is what I used:

I got all of this at the Dollar Store, so I spent $5.00 on these pictured items, not bad for one gift

lay one stem against the pen, then wrap with the floral tape
be sure to pull the floral tape tightly so that it sticks to the pen
wrap it all the way to the top, be sure to cover the top of the pen, 
then just rub it, so it has a smooth finish

I wrap the caps so that they look like a complete stem 
I used the decorative accents to fill the vases

It's as simple as that!  
Teacher's valentines complete!

Have a beautiful Friday friends! Love, BJ


15 comments:

**Ashley P** said...

I make these in different flowers, and I must say look awesome on a desk.

Sara said...

I've always liked flower pens. They're great for places where people run off with pens, you never accidentally put one of those in your purse.

Crunchyish Mama said...

Great idea! I wish I was crafty and creative like that. And Sara made a good point. No one would ever accidently walk away with it. New follower from MBC!

Babysmartees said...

Your site really pops; it is well designed. Glad I found you on Mom Bloggers. Hope you like my site and follow: www.babysmartees.blogspot.com

Have a wonderful weekend, Paula

Blogs said...

super beautiful...what a nice mama you are:)

Danielle Leal said...

Such a cute idea! You are awesome!

Mrs. Bee said...

What a fantastic idea! SO cute and I'm sure the teachers LOVE it!!

Made By Gen said...

Pretty. Followed you on Twitter...

Unknown said...

Very nice :) Thanks for the follow...following you back
Crystal
www.inspiredlangley.com

Rachel said...

That is such an awesome idea!!! How creative. I might have to try that. I LOVE the Dollar Store by the way! It's great!

Happy weekend!

:)
Rach

Robyn said...

I have been wanting to make some of these for awhile, thanks for showing me how easy it is!!

new follower from You Like Me! Friday Blog Hop. Would love if you stopped by my blog sometime :)

Adventures in Abbyland

Ashley said...

Adorable! And I love the price!

Diana said...

This is such a cute idea :) Very simple to make too!

I'm visiting from MBC!
http://deeluxuries.blogspot.com/

1grown2togo said...

Such a neat idea <3 it & I <3 your background!! New follower from Relax & Surf ~Shari

http://www.1grown2togo.blogspot.com

Shawna Bates said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is realy a fantastic Idea! Im sure the teacher is going to love it!!