12.08.2010

Yard Vomit

Christmas traditions are a big part of my family.  One tradition that my boys are already enjoying is driving around looking at Christmas lights and decorations.  We take a ride around the surrounding neighborhoods and check out what others have put up.

Steve enjoys putting lights up on our house, and a few decorations that we have accumulated.  Every year after Christmas we purchase one more item to add the next year.  I'm sure if he could buy more, he would, but I draw a line at one.  Da Freakout gets so excited to help daddy put the decorations out.  I really do think that if Steve had the opportunity, we would be the Griswold's from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.  There wouldn't be a spot on the house or yard without a light or decoration.

When living in Mississippi years ago our wonderful neighbors and friends gave us the name that we have adopted.  Have you ever drove past a house and thought OMG, that yard just threw up Christmas decorations?  That is what we call Yard Vomit.  There are different extremes of yard vomit.  From mild like ours.
To the extreme like these.
I think it's great that people get this into the holiday season, It shows that the holiday spirit is still alive and I love that!  I would have to say though this neighborhood is out of control, in a good way.  I have only seen this on television until the other night, and I thought it would be a travesty not to share it with you. 

If you have yard vomit, or know someone who does, share it with us.  We would love to see it.  Send an email to datssocute@gmail.com and enjoy this video!  Love, BJ

2 comments:

Mz E said...

LMBO! That was a Awesome video! *pretty cool stuff* Unfortunately, ma neighborhood isn't so successful in this holiday time...however I have enjoyed seeing your pics of yard vomit *smile*
Stay Blessed..

Mama "O" said...

I am so impressed there are so many homes already decorated. That was enjoyable. I thought you would have more around your house. Love it!!!!