12.29.2010

New Years Resolutions

I personally have several resolutions this year, more so than usual.  Usually I have one resolution, and usually it has to do with weight.


This year I have several resolutions.  I decided I'm turning over a new leaf, and I'm going all out!  The sky's the limit.


My first resolution is to work smarter, not harder on this blog.  I want it to be amazing.  I really want it to reflect me.  I want to make it look amazing and to be the blog everyone wants to visit. 


Of course I want to lose weight, but that's not what I'm going to focus on.  I want to show my family that eating healthy all the time can be delicious.  A lot less carbs, a lot more vegetables.


I'm hoping to start training for a half marathon.  I know I can run a 5K and 10K, I'm just hoping and praying that I can do 13.1 miles.  Physically I don't think I'll have a problem, mentally, I hope I can get past the block.  If anyone has any advice on that I'm all ears.


I want to focus more on spending quality time with my kids.  Yes I'm a stay-at-home mom and see them 24-7, but between cooking, cleaning and running errands, I feel like I don't sit down and enjoy them like I should so I'm going to try harder.  They are only little once, and that time is short.


I want to be more organized this year.  I'm probably going to make some more lists to do so, as if I don't have enough.  I'm going to attempt to get rid of things I haven't used in years.  I've read that if you haven't used something in 12 months, get rid of it, you're not going to.  I find this hard to do.  I like to hold on to things because they mean something to me.  But when I think about it, if it means something, it would be out and used, not put away in the basement.


My final resolution is to stay calm and happy.  I don't want to yell or raise my voice.  I want peace in my house.  I also know that I create my own happiness.  Once I'm happy with myself, it will shine upon the rest of my family.


This all sounds like a lot now that I have it written out, but I know with the support of my family and all of my friends, new and old, I can do this.  I am here for you too, if you need me.


Dream big and have a great day!  Tomorrow is Thirsty Thursday!


Love, BJ

14 comments:

Eliz Frank said...

Hi Bobbi,
Thanks for stopping by my blog - Positive Kismet. I am already a follower of your blog. Glad we have connected.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Elizabeth

Stacy Tilton said...

Following from the Winter Friends Blog Hop #26 Mom in Training!
http://stacytilton.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

following you through hop skip and a jump blog jump! :)

would you follow me too? http://sophieandmomma.blogspot.com/
Thanks :) hehe i love your resolutions for the new year! I have to sit down and make one myself!

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!! I think you may be the most AMAZING Lady I have ever met!!

Marissa said...

wow, found your blog and LOVE it! What a cute family! I have decided to sign up for a half-marathon too OR a triathlon...haven't decided! New Follower here!

I have a healthy living blog where I share recipes, workout tips and more, if you'd like to check it out...it's not my main blog, but its link is http://www.letsmoveitmommas.blogspot.com

Good Luck w/ Resolutions! I have plenty of them too!! LOVE when you said quality time with your family, that's on my list too :)

Mama "B" said...

Wow!!! You impress me! Of course you always have. I want to use your Resoulutions, except for one, no marathon for me. I'll watch. Best wishes in the New Year! May it be one of the best ever.

Jenn said...

Hah! Your resolutions sound lots like mine! That's too funny... To be able to work smarter, be organized and spending quality time with my kiddos are all at the top of my list!

You can do it, hey we can do it! Right? :)

Love your blog! I'm a follower for sure...

www.5andahighchair.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Winter Friends Wednesday. Great resolutions. Mine are to keep it simple and also to calm the raging war between the mom in me and the human in me lol.

Debra said...

Hi Bobbi,
All those resolutions you made - they're all noble and noteworthy. Thanks for sharing with your readers.
About that half marathon, my advice is to take it one step at a time. Don't think 13.1. Think 5K, then think 10K, and before you know it, you'll be at the finish line. Keep us posted on your process.
Meet your newest follower.
I welcome you to come by my place as well.
Happy New Year!
Debra
http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I have the same resolutions...I'm awful for organizing...

GFC follow *heavensent1* from BHJSW...please follow back ifn you have a moment - Mad Moose Mama... http://www.madmoosemama.blogspot.com ...have a groovy day...peaces...xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you for the follow. I am now a new follower. These are great goals for the new year. Wish you the best of luck.

Jacqui said...

Hi! I am a follower from a previous blog hop. If you haven't already, I would love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

www.singleparentretreat.com
http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

Happy Holidays!

Amanda Tempel said...

Thanks for joining in this week for Wobble Over Wednesday. I am now following you back :)

-Amanda T
http://mylifewithratsandmore.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Thanks for those resolutions! I have a book blog so I made a list of bookish resolutions for the coming year. I'm your newest follower. Drop by my blog and say hi!