12.31.2010

Best Cabbage Recipe for the New Year, or anytime! EVER!

Since cabbage is supposed to bring you luck in the new year. I thought I would share my uncle's cabbage recipe.  This is the only cabbage I'll eat, besides coleslaw.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

What you'll need:
1 large head of chopped cabbage
4 chopped carrots (I don't like cooked carrots, so I use less)
3 large onions chopped
2 large green peppers chopped
1 hot pepper chopped
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 stick of butter
3-4 cups water

Place all ingredients in a large skillet on medium heat until cabbage is tender.  Enjoy!

Good Luck in the New Year!  We'll see you tomorrow for Silent Saturday.

5 comments:

Koco & Viking said...

koco & viking is now, happily, your newest follower via Friday Hop! Visit us, check us out, and follow us if you like what we're doin'!

kocoandviking.blogspot.com

Mz E said...

Soundz good B! *smile*
Have a Blessed New Year.
Stay Blessed..

{ProtoDoom} said...

I wandered here via Friday Hop!

Hope you have oodles of good luck, starting with the cabbage coming out perfectly!

Alicia {ProtoDoom.com}

Judy said...

Thanks for the recipe.Im making cabbage tomorrow I will give it a try. Happy New Year!

Marjory Skousen said...

DHIS is a cute blog. Just coming by on the blog hop. Come by and follow me back too. Have a great New Year's.