12.03.2010

Addiction

There are all types of addictions, from serious ones like drugs and alcohol to shopping, shoes and handbags.  My addiction is the DVR!  I can't tell you the last time I watched a show in real time.  I DVR all of "my shows", and anything else I might want to watch.  During the day I don't have time to watch TV between cooking, cleaning and loving on my babies.  So after bites, bath and bed, it's my TV time.  Now don't get me wrong, I love to read, but I usually save my novels until summer, when reruns are on.

My first show of choice is Days of Our Lives. I've watched it ever since I was in middle school, but ever since Alison Sweeney has been on the Biggest Loser, I see her in a new light.  She is no longer that soap actress, she has become a real person with real struggles, problems and issues like all of us. She has little kids and a husband that is a police officer.  How much more real can you be?

Every night, Monday through Thursday I record two to four shows.  I have become addicted to watching TV, something I never really cared about, just because I hated commercials, they wasted my time.  Now with a push of a button, BAM, almost uninterrupted television, it is genius!

Just for the fun of sharing my show list, here are the ones I now enjoy,
1. Days of Our Lives
2. Ellen
3. Mike & Molly
4. House
5. Brothers & Sisters
6. Chase
7. Cougar Town
8. Desperate Housewives
9. Glee
10. Grey's Anatomy
11. Hawaii 5-o
12. Hellcats
13. Lie to Me
14. Melissa & Joey
15. Parenthood
16. Private Practice
17. So you think you can dance
18. The Biggest Loser
19. The Defenders
20. The Vampire Diaries
21. White Collar

Like I said, an ADDICTION !   
There is no rhyme or reason to the shows I watch, I like them because they are all so different but they all entertain me, which is the point of television. 

I would say, there are other things I'm addicted to, but this is probably my worst.  How about you?  What are your addictions, what can't you live without or need more of?

J.K. Rowling or Stephanie Meyer need to write another book, soon!
P.S. My husband has more on DVR than I do

No comments: