12.21.2010

Stocking Stuffer ideas

I've never been real big on lots of candy for stockings or baskets, so I have to think real hard for cute stocking stuffers.  So if  you're looking for some last minute stocking stuffers here are a few ideas.  Santa always brings toothbrushes, toothpaste, bodywash, deodorant, dental floss and shampoo.  Then he gets a little creative and tries to think of things that they love.  For Steve and dad, they get stuff for their trucks and golf.

Air fresheners from Bath and Body works are what I'm liking right now, they come in a variety of colors and scents.

Tees, brushes, ball markers and tire gauges are great ideas, things they can never have too many of.  I also like getting $30 worth of iTune cards and splitting them up.  Everyone gets to pick their own music and I don't have to listen to everyone else's.

The boys get a few things from the dollar section at Target, like a notebook and an airplane spoon.
New sippy cups are always a great idea.  They get chewed on and get nasty quick so these are a must!  I'm lovin the Tommy Tippee for Baby Diesel and a design your own for Da Freakout.
Small little boyish crafts are a great idea for my little man.  I found window suncatchers at Hobby Lobby and Michael's.  He loves to make them not only for our windows, but also for his grandmas.


Another fun idea are beads and bracelets.  I found cute sports bead and silkies from Hobby Lobby.

Silly bandz are another big idea for our little ones.  They can be kept on one of these silkies necklaces or even a binder clip.

Special candy is the only candy I'm putting in them this year.  I found vampire fangs and mustaches made from wax.  I know as a kid I loved them!  Candy necklaces and some kind of gum.

Sunflower seeds and nuts for my big boys.

I love pens, really, really love pens, so I always try to find a fun pen for everyone, one with google eyes or something crazy or kid-like.

A lottery ticket or two or maybe a homemade coupon or two for that  special man or men in your life.  I know my little one would love a coupon for a date with mommy to the movies or out to eat.

My thought on filling a stocking is fill it with things they don't get all year long.  Make it fun and enjoyable, with things they'll love and to show them you loved doing it.

Have a great day, and happy stuffing!  Love, BJ

7 comments:

Ron Cooper said...

Happy holidays! I’ve been following your neat blog from Follow Me Back Tuesday. My Facebook page “Inspire” has inspiring messages. Stop by!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts

Jenny said...

Great ideas!

Found you while blog hopping! I'm your newest follower! http://handmadewithlove4u.blogspot.com/

Lu said...

Thanks for following my blog! I am now following you as well!
Glad I read this post too! I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, and I tend to get stuck on what to put in the stockings! Some great ideas for my 2 yr old boy. I am guessing lip gloss and such for my 12 yr old girl!

Sockertussen said...

Hi!
I'm following your blog with GFC! I'd love if you could visit my blog and follow me back :)

Merry Christmas!
Http://sockertussen.blogspot.com

Tree said...

I do alot of the same stuffers as you... especially sunflower seeds. My kids love 'em. LOL Thanks for stopping by for FMBT and following! I'm returning the "follow" luv!

Andrea said...

Those are some great ideas for my nephews! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for following! I'm following you back! Have a great week!

Andrea
http://365daysoflifebehindthelens.blogspot.com/

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Hi! Great ideas! I'm a new follower from the Wednesday blog hops. I'm sharing lots of ideas for holidays like easy Ruldolph Cupcakes and inexpensive decorations. Please stop by to visit and follow along when you get a chance.

Enjoy the holidays! :)
Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/