12.23.2010

Cookies and a Shot!

Today I'm going to share 2 cookie recipes.  One is from my mother-in-law, and the other is my Nunny's recipe.

Haystack Cookies

What you'll need
6oz pkg butterscotch chip (you can use chocolate or any variation, but butterscotch are yummy)
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
2 cups mini marshmallow
3 oz can chow mein noodles (I got a bag and measured out 3oz)

Melt chips in double boiler
If you've never done this, it's really easy once you learn that 
1. let the water boil
2. put the chips in top part and turn off the heat
3. it will melt without the burner being on, if you leave the burner on, it will over cook the chips

Mix in peanut butter, then remove from stove

Mix in marshmallows and noodles
Spoon onto wax paper to harden

If you don't like marshmallow or you have someone allergic to peanut butter, simply don't add those.
Melt the chips, remove from heat and add the chow mein noodles.  It can't get much simpler than that.
Oh, and my mother-in-law melts her chips in the microwave, if you don't have a double broiler.
Enjoy!!!

My Nunny's Galette Cookie

What you'll need:
8 eggs
4 sticks butter melted
6 cup flour
2 cup white sugar
2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Galette iron

Beat Eggs in bowl separately
Cream butter, sugar, add eggs
Vanilla then flour

I use a cookie scooper to add the dough to the iron, it puts just the right amount on it
Heat on 45 seconds on both sides on medium heat.  My knob is pointed straight up and down when I have the perfect heat.

 The cookies should be a pretty golden brown
The left is perfect, the one on the right is burnt
We love these cookies at Christmas.  They may not be for everyone, but they are good!

This recipe makes a lot of cookies!



I couldn't resist a picture of my little helpers!

This is the second outfit!

Now for a shot, since we are all going to need one this week! 

Strawberry Kiss
1/3 oz. Kahlua
1/3 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
1/3 oz. Strawberry Liqueur

Enjoy!  Love, BJ

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That shot sounds yummy!

Rachel

Jenn said...

That looks awesome and your helpers are adorable!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back and looking forward to reading more!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Jennifer

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I need a shot right now! Your little helpers are too cute!

LocalFunForKids said...

Great Blog! I found you on the Blog Hop.

www.LocalFunforKids.com

Tammy said...

Thanks for linking up today with us for the Thursday's Friends Cafe! Love that you joined us. I am your newest follower! :)

Krystal said...

mm I think they look tasty!

Following from Thursday Blog Hop!

http://www.honestgirlreviews.blogspot.com

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great pictures and blog!!

I'm blog hopping and found your blog. I'm now following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Merry Christmas!!

aceIN photography said...

wow. looks deeelish! your newest blog hop follower. happy thursday! would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

http://www.aceandfriendsco.com

lots of FUN giveaways... come by and enter!

Closer to Lucy said...

Feel free to come whip all that up in my kitchen! OMgoodness...yummo

Lucy is out for a little hopping. Hope you'll come by when you get a chance. http://closertolucy@gmail.com

Cheers!!

Alessandra said...

Thanks for your comment & your birthday wishes! Great cookie recipe!

Koco & Viking said...

I need a Galette Iron!!! I am constantly thinking of new cookware and gadgets to get and I don't know how I didn't think of that iron. I've seen them, I'm familiar with them, and Santa has already left for the year. Ahhh!

We are following you from the Thirsty Thursday Hop and would for you to follow us if you're diggin' what we're doin'!

kocoandviking.blogspot.com