12.02.2010

The Elf on the Shelf

We started a new tradition last year, The Elf on the Shelf.  He is a lifesaver!  It's amazing how good your kids will act when there is an elf living with you.

The creator of The Elf on the Shelf was brilliant!  What is it you ask?  The Elf on the Shelf is a little Elf that comes with a story book that tells a story of how your elf works.

I was having the worst time getting Da Freakout to behave last year around Christmas.  I told him Santa was watching, but it didn't even phase him.  I was running out of ideas when my mom told me about The Elf on the Shelf.  I research it, ran it past Steve and decided to give it a try.  I prepared Da Freakout for it by telling him we were going to have a visitor, one of Santa's Elves coming to live with us until Christmas Eve to report his behavior back to Santa.  I told him he was going to be on the first flight from The North Pole and that I was going to pick him up.  When he woke up from his nap, (which I wish he still took) he was in his first watch tower spot.  I read the book to Da Freakout, which explains everything about your elf.  You then can go to The Elf on the Shelf website and register your elf.  You can even print out a personalized letter from Santa.
Let me introduce our elf, Smarshmellow.  He has been a part of our family since December, 2009.  He is one of the best investment I have ever made!  Da Freakout named him; I don't know where he comes up with half of the stuff he does.  When Smarshmellow is in town, my son is a different child, I almost wish the elf could be here year round.  Everyday when we wake up he is in a different place, here are a few of his favorite spots.
Da Freakout looks forward every morning running downstairs to see where he might be.  It's like Christmas every morning in this house while Smarshmellow is in town.  If you need an Elf in your house, he can be found at Hallmark or Barnes and Noble, like I said, he is worth every penny I paid for him.  If you decide to get one, I hope he brings you the peace you need for this holiday season.

Love, BJ

No comments: