Tomato Salad

Hands down, my favorite summer food is a tomato!  There are so many things you can do with one.  My favorite recipe is a simple tomato salad.

All you need is:
Tomatoes, as many as your heart desires, you can use one or whatever depending on how many you are going to serve
1 banana pepper or semi-hot pepper
Fresh Basil
Vegetable Oil- I wouldn't recommend using any other kind, it make it taste different, trust me, I've tried

1.  Core and dice up the tomatoes into a bowl
2.  Cut up and core the pepper, I get out most of the seeds since that's where the hot is, but I like to keep a couple, put into bowl.
3.  Dice up about 1/2 an onion, use more or less depending on what you like
4.  Add basil, I use the top of the basil, it is very flavorful and a great use of the basil, just make sure you pull the white little flowers off.
5.  add about 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, this is just a guess, I don't actually measure it with 4 tomatoes, less for less.
6.  Add salt
7.  Stir and enjoy!

I can eat the entire bowl of this by myself when I make it.  It is so yummy!  I hope you'll try it out and let me know what you think!

If you are looking for more great recipes, check some out below!  Love, BJ


how2mom said...

This looks great! I grow all the ingredients in my garden so its a perfect! Thanx

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

That sounds super yummy! Never heard of a tomato salad before!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I have a few tomatoes in the fridge that are wondering what's to become of them ~ I think I just figured it out ;-)

Thanks for joining the Train!