8.16.2011

Tomato Salad

Hands down, my favorite summer food is a tomato!  There are so many things you can do with one.  My favorite recipe is a simple tomato salad.

All you need is:
Tomatoes, as many as your heart desires, you can use one or whatever depending on how many you are going to serve
Onion
1 banana pepper or semi-hot pepper
Fresh Basil
Vegetable Oil- I wouldn't recommend using any other kind, it make it taste different, trust me, I've tried


1.  Core and dice up the tomatoes into a bowl
2.  Cut up and core the pepper, I get out most of the seeds since that's where the hot is, but I like to keep a couple, put into bowl.
3.  Dice up about 1/2 an onion, use more or less depending on what you like
4.  Add basil, I use the top of the basil, it is very flavorful and a great use of the basil, just make sure you pull the white little flowers off.
5.  add about 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, this is just a guess, I don't actually measure it with 4 tomatoes, less for less.
6.  Add salt
7.  Stir and enjoy!

I can eat the entire bowl of this by myself when I make it.  It is so yummy!  I hope you'll try it out and let me know what you think!

If you are looking for more great recipes, check some out below!  Love, BJ


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I grow all the ingredients in my garden so its a perfect! Thanx

Unknown said...

That sounds super yummy! Never heard of a tomato salad before!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I have a few tomatoes in the fridge that are wondering what's to become of them ~ I think I just figured it out ;-)

Thanks for joining the Train!