8.10.2011

Magnetic Kids Menu

Back to School is only a couple weeks away for my little guy, and it's his first time going all day. One of my concerns was packing his lunch.  He is such a picky eater, and hot lunches wouldn't fly.  So Steve and I made a cute little Menu board of things he loves, and he'll be able to tell me every week what he wants, hopefully there won't be any arguments or tears.

What you'll need:
Magnetic Paper, you can find it at Walmart, Staples, Office Max.  I bought the small 3 pack, and prayed I didn't mess any up.
Printer and Excel or Pages, whatever your computer might have

We grabbed a bunch of clip art of the foods that D loves and eats for page 1

The next page is just a graph for the week

D will be putting up what he wants each day
1 sandwich or main course
1 fruit
1 snack
1 dessert

So very simple, and pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  It's a great way for the kids to not only pick out what they want for lunch for the week without argument, but also learn food categories, for the most part.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any cool school ideas.
Have a Happy Humpday!  Love, BJ

4 comments:

Terri said...

What a cute idea! I homeschool but that would be a goo thing to do with a weekly menu plan at home.

I am following you from Welcome hop.

http://mompointofview.blogspot.com/

KiraAnnDesigns said...

My little girl starts Kindergarten this fall and she would love this. Time to get crafting. Thanks for the great blog. I found you through a blog hop.

http://www.kiraanndesigns.com

Unknown said...

Thats awesome! We're doing a similar chart for the school year. Can't believe how much the kids love it!
Happy Wednesday!
~Carolyn
Cookin' for my Captain

The Cureton Family said...

I LOVE this idea! So glad I found you through blog hop!

http://rustichorseshoe.blogspot.com/