8.03.2011

Colorful Sandwich Container

With Back to School approaching quickly, I decided I better jump on getting stuff completed for D's first day of Kindergarten.  My first project, besides getting the supplies, which is done, was making a sandwich container.  I'm not a big fan of hot lunches, especially after watching Food Revolution, so packing his lunch is a much safer option.

What you'll need:
1 plastic sandwich container (I found mine at the Dollar Store)
Variety of Sharpie markers

1.  Wash your container well.
2.  Draw a simple picture on the top
I've said it before, I'm terrible at freehand drawing, so I found a simple outline on google images, printed it out, and taped it to the inside of the lid, then traced the picture.

3.  color in the picture to your liking, add a name or saying and you have your finished container.
Simple, easy and just right for your little one.  I need to add something to the big drum still, but I haven't decided what yet.  It fits D's personality and he loves it because he decided what he wanted on it.
If you have an older child they could color it, or even draw it.

You could also personalize smaller container lids for fruits, veggies or snacks.

I hope you enjoy!
Idea via

5 comments:

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

Aww what a cute idea!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! So many possibilities!Happy Wednesday!
~Carolyn
Cookin' for my Captain

Unknown said...

That's cute!! Kindergarten?! How exciting!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

what a great idea!!!
following you from boost my blog
ladeedacreations.com

Tania B said...

That is awesome! Love it.

Dropping by from the Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop. I am now following and would love a follow back!