8.12.2011

Crayon Wreath

While browsing the internet I found this adorable idea of making a wreath with crayons.  It's a festive way to get ready for the school year.  I found several different ones and all were made differently.  I decided I would figure it out on my own and do what I wanted.

What you'll need:
1 10" embroidery hoop
3 boxes of crayons
ribbon
hot glue and gun

1st separate the hoops
Cut the inner hoop and make it about 8" roughly, hot glueing it back together
Begin hot glueing the crayons to them both, be sure to put them at a small angle and not straight, they won't go around the hoop right, or look good.

After hot glueing all of the crayons on, I tied the ribbon to the outer hoop tightener and secured it with hot glue.


I added a ribbon I had made, and hung it up.  You could add little things around it with your child's grade or name, some more cute supplies, or just leave it plain.  Whatever you do, make it so that you're happy with it!

Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

Cami said...

That REALLY is quite cute!!!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Unknown said...

Love it! That would make a great teacher gift too!

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Wonderful! What to do with old and unused crayons? Awesome idea!

Marlee said...

Awww this really was super cute! Great blog, am a new follower :).

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I think I have this pinned - it's so cute! I've been thinking about making it for my mom's classroom door!

Anonymous said...

This site is really cool! I found here alot of information that I was looking for. I am really happy to be a part of This site!