2.04.2011

Valentines vase

To add to the Valentines decor, I recycled a wine bottle for this cute little vase.  All I used was an empty wine bottle, some hot water.  glass frost and vinyl.  You could probably get away with using stickers, but I stuck with my vinyl.


I tried using Un-do to get the label off the wine bottle, but that didn't work.  I used good old fashion hot water and a dish scrapper to get it off.


I followed the directions on the can of frost, it's real easy to use, it just smells really bad, but it makes it look great.  Let it dry and you're ready for the vinyl.


cut vinyl to your desired shape, word, etc.  Place on bottle using your contact paper, if you didn't read that post, you can check it out here.


 Put some pretty roses, candy or anything to your desire and it's done.
I hope you enjoy!  Have a wonderful Friday!


BJ

16 comments:

Crystal said...

That's really cute!! I love that...I'd like to say I don't have any empty wine bottles, buuuut that wouldn't be accurate!! LOL!! Thanx for the ideas!

Yolie said...

This turned out absolutely beautiful

Nicole said...

oh how cute!

Anonymous said...

How cool. I found you on Mommy Blogs. Thanks for sharing.

~Love Lis said...

How fun! Plus, it's totally inexpensive and yet I'd asked you where you bought it. :)

I found your blog on FTLOB! Hugs to you!
www.joyfuljones.com

Tammilee said...

Hi
I am a new follower from the blog hop
I blog at www.tammileetips.com
I hope you stop by and visit.
Tammilee

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea. I'm going to do this for some of my friends for Valentine's Day. Loved It and I do have wine bottles....

Michele said...

Here from Surfin Sat. Hop
Love the use of recycled materials in your vase!

Come visit me sometime.
I just started a new facebook hop. You can find the info on my blog
Thanks
Money $aving Mom

www.musings-by-michele.com

annies home said...

love this reminds me of some of the old vintage bottles of yesterday

Annie Dee said...

that's so cute! you'd pay a fortune for that in a flower shop for Valentine's Day. thanks so much for sharing :)

Becky W said...

Very neat on the Wine Bottle Re-do..I like it. Your newest GFC follower via LGS! Have a great Sunday.

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute idea...I like it alot and I think even I could do it!

I'm a new follower from Let's Get Social Sunday (yeah, I know I'm behind).

Carli
http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

Amethystmoon said...

ooh! cool project! Thanks for linking up at Tuesdays Gone!

differentbreed said...

that's really neat! following you from Tuesday's Gone.

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

very cute. i have also heard that mayonnaise works well for removing labels.

stopping by from Tuesdays gone.

Unknown said...

Follolowing from Tuesdays gone...would love to have you follow back.