2.09.2011

LOVE


Ever see these?  They are the iconic LOVE Sculptures
top: Philadelphia
bottom: NYC


I personally think they are really cool!  While flipping through the Sunday paper, I came across a piece of framed wall art with this LOVE in it.  It cost $9.00, pretty cheap right?  I decided that I could make it cheaper and customize it to the way I wanted it.


I bought a frame 1/2 price at Hobby Lobby
1 piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper with love all over it
 and 1 piece of 8 1/2 x11 cardstock, which was also 50% off


I used my Cricut machine to cut the letters LOVE
Cut the cardstock to fit my 8x10 frame
Adhered the letters to the cardstock and.....
My version of the iconic sculpture.
Simple but cute.  You could use it to decorate your house, or give it to your LOVE!


Happy Hump Day! ♥ BJ

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Your newest follower from Welcome Wednesday!
Smiles,
Melanie
http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.com

Danielle Leal said...

That is really cute!! And I absolutely adore those sculptures!
I hope you have a wonderful day friend!

Ms. Z. said...

Love it! :)
I once did a tour of Philly and a tour guide told us that the reason letter O is tilted is that "love is never perfect"! I thought that was so sweet!

Ms.Z.

Rachel said...

I love this!! That is so creative!!

:)
Rach

WheelchairDecor said...

Your LOVE art is fabulous! It is so great when we can make want we want for cheaper than buying it!

Sherri said...

Such a great idea!! Love it & I'm totally going to do it too!! Thanks for sharing:)

Happy Wednesday:)

Alison said...

Just wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for the versatile blogger award! Please let me know if you accept, love your blog!

Alison @ Alison's Wonder Scraporium

http://alisonswonderscraporium.blogspot.com/

Devonay said...

I'm a new follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your project is so cute!

Mrs. England said...

Good job! I'm Yomaida, your newest follower! We have some the same interests as I found you on bloggy moms! I love to share ideas, thoughts, etc with other moms!

Hope you'll pop by:
Http://babyboyengland.blogspot.com
And follow back!
I actually have a cute feast for v day as my last post! Ttys!

Mrs. England said...

Not feast...CRAFT! lol