2.23.2011

Monster in the Laundry Room

Why is it that it never fails that at least one sock gets eaten by the washer or dryer?  It seems like everytime I do laundry there are three odd ball socks that don't have a match.  It drives me crazy, almost always it's the kids, but once in a blue moon, I'll have one missing.


I seriously don't understand when I take my socks off, put them in the basket myslf, and do the laundry, where in the process they go? The only explaination is the washer/dryer eats it.  I can possibly understnad how one of the boys' gets lost.  The oldest has a couple bad habits already!  One is that he takes his socks off in the living room, here, there and everywhere, and one will make it to the laundry room, while the other is hidden under the couch.  He also has the tendancy to throw his clothes next to the laundry basket instead of in it, and it gets over looked.   Does this happen to you all?


When the kids were babies, I kept an intmates bag in their room so that when I took off their socks they would go in there, and never get lost in the sea of big clothes.  Maybe that should be my answer again.  Give both boys a bag and tell the oldest that socks are to only go in the bag, nowhere else.  It's worth a try.  Until then, I'll continue to blame the washer and dryer monsters!


Happy Humpday friends! ♥ BJ

10 comments:

Catalina said...

I think anyone who's ever used a washer and dryer has wondered the same thing. Its a weird law of laundry - no socks should be left a couple. Other than sewing the socks together, I have YET, in all my 15+ years of doing laundry, successfully receive the same number of socks that I deposited into the washer/dryer. I don't know where they go. No one seems to. Somewhere out there, there is a separate dimension just for the socks that disappear.

I Am Not Superwoman said...

Oh gosh can totally relate. I bought several packs of new socks just a couple weeks ago and already half of them are missing. I now have a basket with just socks that we go to when another is missing to hopefully be able to pair up. Maddening!

Chrissy said...

It happens to me all the time! And I didn't understand...until we got a new water heater which is located next to the washer and dryer and the guy had to remove a hose from the faucet to empty the old water heater...so he leaned over the washer to reach the faucet and pulled out at least 4 socks and an undie of mine from behind the washer...EMBARASSING!!

Chrissy said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you - I LOVE the new look over here! xxx

Lindsey said...

I head ya! Its horrible in our house too. After a few loads of mismatched socks I go thru and always find the matched. Do the kids wear one sock at a time??!

Ashley said...

Ha we have the same problem. Somehow the tiny baby socks my daughter wears stay in pairs and my husbands huge socks never match up. Sigh.

Unknown said...

New GFC follower from Welcome Wednesday, I'd love a follow back if you get the chance.http://realadventuresfromamomof3.blogspot.com/

Not a Perfect Mom said...

I spend more money on socks than I care to mention...a new pack for everyone once a month, and we're a family of 6...they truly disappear..

Crystal said...

My washer and dryer is definitely eating socks. But our laundry baskets are also invisible...they have to be because nobody can get their stuff in their!!! And I must have super powers because I can see said invisible hampers.

Anonymous said...

I concur....those monsters are always munching on our socks here too!
Stopped by from Welcome Wednesdays!!

http://landofthefitzpatricks.blogspot.com/