2.02.2011

Canvas Mantle/Wall Art

Holy Groundhog Day Batman, Pauxtony Phil didn't see his shadow!  Oh please be right my furry little friend, all of us that live in the north could really use some Spring soon!




Here is another super easy and inexpensive decorative piece.  It can be used for Valentines Day, or kept out all year round. That's why I love it.  I love holiday decorations, but I don't like having to find a place to store them.  So here's a keeper.


Here is what you need:
1 Canvas, whatever size you choose. (mine is 11x14)
Ribbon
vinyl
acrylic paint
painters tape


First thing I did was tape off the edges to make a border, with painters tape
I then painted the edges red for a border.  It looked like this:


oops, yes that is a small speck of paint on the white, noting a little hand print can't cover though
I cut my vinyl words and a couple hearts(small trick I learned, use a piece of tack paper, the clear stuff you can line shelves with, to lay the vinyl down.  First rub it on the carpet or your shirt or pants to make it a little less sticky.  It's cheaper than buying that expensive stuff they sell with the vinyl to lay it, and it works just as well.)


Once I had all my vinyl placed where I wanted it, I put my boys hand prints down.  (sorry, I did a bad job at taking pictures of this project)
Here is a picture of the final project though
I added the ribbon last to cover the edges where I pulled the tape off.  I used a staple gun to secure the ribbon on the back.
I put it on my mantel, because it needed a little Valentines Day love, but since it is canvas, it can be hung too.


I would love to see how yours turns out, leave me a comment and I'll come check it out!


Have a Wonderful Wednesday! ♥ BJ

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

It's beautiful! Love it!
Happy Wednesday!
Hugs xxx

Concerned American Citizen said...

Very Nice! I'm following from MBC. Visit me at http://seriousmrse.blogspot.com

Marian said...

Very cute! I hopped over from paisley passions!
Marian
perfectchancememories.com

bakingbetty said...

Thanks for the follow! I am following from BHSJW (jessica's coupons blog hop). Your site is fantastic and so creative!!

Mama "B" said...

Your site gets better and better. WOW I love it!

Sew Me Mine said...

Thank you for the follow, I'm now following you back :) Thank you for the compliments :)

Donnelle

Unknown said...

You have a great blog! Now a follower from MBC!

Swanky Baby
http://swankybaby1.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is a very cute project! I love how you have kid and Mama hand prints. I can't wait to see what other Valentine's crafts you put up!

~Carla
jollyjansen.blogspot.com

Ash said...

Love this idea. I will have to keep it in mind for when my little one is old enough. She's still cooking at the moment!
New to following you from MBC would love a follow back!
~Ash
http://creativity-piece-by-piece.blogspot.com/

Cleaning Services London said...

Great idea! My kid loves it :)

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! Looks great.