2.15.2011

Pet Peeves

I am not a negative person.  I don't complain much and brush most everything off my shoulders.  I've learned most things aren't worth getting worked up about, but I do have a few things that get under my skin, and I just can't control myself.


First, I hate being used!  I'm a giver, it's just who I am.  I will do anything for anyone, and I have a really hard time saying no.  I think that's why people take advantage of my kindness.  Once I do something for them, with out getting anything in return, not even a real thank you, they keep coming back for more, and the sucker I am finds it hard to say no because I don't want to disappoint.  Once someone knows what I can do, they use me/my stuff and that's the only time I hear from them.  What do you do about it? I cry instead of just saying no or ignoring them.


Another peeve, is people who act ignorant, like they have no education and could care less.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone should do things to make others happy, you should make yourself happy, but there has to be a line.  When you are out in public and hear people cussing like sailors in front of children, come on, they don't need to hear your two cents. Show some restraint! 
 I want to smack the ignorant people that drive by you and their kids don't have seat belts on and it's clear because they are crawling around their seats.  If they don't want to wear them, that's one things, but endangering their children.  UGH!
How about the people you can't understand a word out of their mouth because they are using so much slang, and gibberish?  I understand slang is a part of today's language, but act like you have had some English classes.  I know first hand that they teach proper English in school, not slang. But when the parents speak that way, why should the children speak correctly?  Lead by Example!!


I absolutely can't stand people that text while they drive!  There is nothing that important that can't wait until you get where you are going.  If it is that important, CALL THEM! That's what a cell phone is for. I like to text, but it's just an easier way than having to talk to people.  What's next?


Lastly, Fake people!  You know the ones I'm talking about.  The ones that are all nice to your face, but have an ear load to say about you behind your back.  Or really don't like you, but don't have the decency  to let you know why, they just ignore you.  I guess ignoring you is nicer than saying something mean, but it isn't real respectful.  If I don't like you, you know, and you know why, but there aren't many people that I associate myself with that I don't like.  I consider my friends, my family!  


Sorry about the earful today, I just really needed to share that, and I feel a whole lot better!  Thanks for listening, and I'm here if you want to let it out too!  What are your pet peeves?


Have a wonderful day! ♥ BJ

14 comments:

The Loops said...

I am 100% on board with the complaint about people who you can't understand when they speak. Are they seriously too lazy to open their mouth all of the way when they talk. Ugh. Rant on girl!

Danielle Leal said...

Amen sister!!! i agree with you and share most of the same pet peeves that you do. Users are the worse!! I hate it but love you! :D I hope you have a great day friend.

MRMD_GRL said...

My dear... we are on the same page today.... do you ever have a day where you're just annoyed... no matter what? I don't think anyone can breathe right around me today :) so I understand/empathize your list of pet peeves :)

be blessed and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love a good rant! I hate it when people use their mobiles whilst driving, too. It's illegal and shouldn't be happening, but we see people often in vans, driving along with a phone stuck to their ear.

And ignorance is most definitely a peeve of mine. Having an autistic daughter I get it all too often. I have learnt to brush it off but I have to admit, sometimes it hurts.

CJ xx

Not a Perfect Mom said...

let it all out babe....feel better now?
pet peeve...hmmm...
the way my kids will pee in the shower instead of the toilet? or people that don't tell you that something's stuck in your teeth?

I Am Not Superwoman said...

So tell us how you really feel? LOL. I have an award for you. Check out my "I Would Like To Thank The Academy" post. Now take a deep breath. ~Jennifer

Ashley R said...

Pet peeves? When I'm trying to get our son ready for bed and my hubby is on the computer surfing. Then, my son sits on his lap to get out of the "wrath" of mom and the toothbrush and my husband says nothing to help me out. He just lets him sit on his lap....at 9:30 at night. Seriously!! UGH!

Following from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop! I'd love it if you'd follow me back too! :)

Lots of reviews and giveaways, and a hand made event coming up! Please check it out! :)

Ashley
~The Reynolds Mom~
thereynoldsmom.blogspot.com

Mrs G said...

Agreed, I get urked when its bed time and the husband wants to get the kids all riled up, then Im the bad guy for making them go to bed. Also flakes, I dont like being told call me and we will hang out and then you dont answer.

But on a happier note, Im following from the blog hop. Come follow me back at www.illtake2ofeverything.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Hugs to you friend! I agree 100% with all of these points. I really hate when people cuss and use inappropriate language in front of kids (and I really hate it in movies when little kids cuss, there is nothing cute about that! But that is a whole different rant from me.) I also don't like people texting, tweeting or updating Facebook while driving. I have actually seen someone watching a video on their iPad while driving down the road. Are you kidding me??

Hope your day gets better!!

Hugs,
Rach

MrsGsines said...

following u on twitter
@MrsgSines
following ur blog
http://mrsgsines.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

I think we all have days like this...when it all just needs to boil over. Glad that getting it off your chest made you feel better. I just have rants and raves in my head...all out conversations!! I'm kind of crazy though...in a funny not scarey way!! LOL!!! I hope you had a good Valentines day...and I hope tomorrow is better.

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Totally agree! x hivennn

Chrissy said...

You're speaking right out of my heart! I absolutely feel the same way about everything you're writing about! Together we'll be strong! xxx

SarahB said...

you know these are GREAT RANTS!!! seriously! I agree with them all! I am a giver too and it totally erks me when people take advantage of that aspect…ugh!