For each of the boys, I pack different things. For the oldest here is what I pack.
1. Field Journal with worksheets and coloring pages
2. pencil bag with crayons, pencils, sharpener and eraser
3. I-pod with his music
5. Camera/Camcorder for pictures and video by him
6. DVD player and 3 movies of his choice
7. Nintendo DS
These are laminated letters that he will be writing when school starts with washable Expo markers.
I print out worksheets for all the states that we go through for a small history lesson.
Baby Diesel's items include:
3. Flash cards
4. 2 DVD's for himself
5. Leap Frog Driving wheel
6. We also picked up some new cars for him because he loves cars!
I put coloring pages in his field journal since he loves to color also
Of course there will be plenty of water and snacks packed in the truck too. We carry snacks such as goldfish, grapes, animal crackers, things that don't get too messy. It always seems like no matter what be bring, they would rather just talk, which is quite entertaining in itself. I wish they would sleep, but it becomes a learning experience for us all!
I hope you all have fun and safe travels this summer!