7.05.2011

Summer Sandwich

I love a yummy light sandwich during the summer.  It's too hot to eat big meals, especially in the middle of the day, so I started making this sandwich, which I'm now addicted to.

The bread could be better, but I used what I had, Smart White sandwich bread.  I'm sure some ciabatta or something to that effect would be better, but you make do.  
Instead of using mayo, I used a cilantro hummus with a little jalapenos in it, it is amazing, even if you don't dig hummus, this stuff is so good, and it gives the sandwich a little something.
I also used cucumbers
red peppers
mozzarella cheese, sliced from ball
tomatoes
fresh basil 
onion (usually I use red onions, but was out)

Spread the hummus on the bread, layer the veggies, mozzarella and basil and enjoy. 
 I promise this sandwich is de-lish, and it's pretty good for you!

If you have any yummy sandwiches you'd like to share, join me over at FTLOB, there is always something amazing there!


2 comments:

Jessi said...

Yum! I've been eating something similar almost every day an I'm still not sick of it yet. I love hummus!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Alida Sharp said...

sounds tasty!