7.19.2011

Easy Tortellini Salad

Saturday was my family reunion, and I needed a yummy recipe, but didn't want to make something I had before, so I called my mother-in-law and she found this quick and easy salad.  It was so good, one of my cousins asked me to post to, and who am I to say no.

Tortellini, Broccoli and Bacon Salad

Ingredients:
2 bags (19oz each) frozen cheese-filled tortellini
4 cups broccoli florets (I used 1 small head)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 cup reduced-fat coleslaw dressing
1 lb bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1/4 cup sunflower nuts

1. Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package.  Rinse with cold water; drain
2.  In very large bowl, mix tortellini, broccoli, tomatoes, chives and dressing.  Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
3.  Just before serving, stir in bacon.  Sprinkle with nuts.

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it, but it super yummy!  I hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

Cherie@Accessoire said...

Okay, you had me at the "easy" and "quick" and now it definitely sounds delicious!!

Cami said...

I had a family reunion a couple of weeks ago - too much fun :)

That sounds like a scrumptious recipe - thanks for sharing! Once the other half starts eating carbs again, I'm totally making it for dinner one night!

<3-Cami from Serendipitious Life

Blogs said...

that's def a summer yum i need to try! thanks for sharing pretty lady! xoxo

Grandma Bonnie said...

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds perfect for a hot summer evening.
Stopping by from Tiggerific Tuesday. Have a great week.

Marlee said...

This sounds great, I'll have to try it! Great blog, I'm a happy new follower!

http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com