7.22.2011

Get your feather on

So I guess the newest trend is getting feather hair extensions.  I'm not really always up with what's "in" especially when it comes to fashion.  I would say I dance to my own drum.  I do what I like, and the most important thing to me is being comfortable.  When it comes to hair styles, I don't take pictures with me or say I want to look like anyone else.  I like my hair simple, and easy to maintain.  For the first time ever, probably, I decided to do something new and trendy, something that is all for me.  I jumped on the wagon and got feather hair extensions.  Some really big stars are doing it too.
 He's been doing if for years, but he can pull it off!
 different but cute, 
what do you think?
and finally 

mine!
They don't look like this all the time, my hair hides them nicely, we moved it aside so that you could see them better.
I absolutely love them!  I think I might want more!  I love the bright colors and the strips in them.  They have all types, colors and lengths, it's just a matter of finding a place that does them.  
It's not permanent and can be easily changed unlike other things, which is another reason that made me decide to do it.   They are fun and trendy, and it's something that makes me happy, and I did for me.  (Though the boys think they are kind of cool)  
If you want to check them out, here's a cool website that I looked at and helped me to decide what I wanted. 

What did you do to make yourself happy this week?  Write a post and link it up to coffee talk.  I would love to read it!  

Have a wonderful Friday dear friends!  Love ya! BJ

6 comments:

Erin O'Riordan said...

Very cute! I like your feather color choices.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Yeay for feathers! I love seeing how different people incorporate them into their looks! Love the brightly colored feathers you picked!

Unknown said...

Those are fun! I had a peacock dye job one time... She put a small piece of purple, blue and pink in the buttom layer of my hair. It just kind of peaked out like these! But it was more permanent... Took a long time to fade. Have a great weekend!!!

Chrissy said...

They are gorgeous! I have been thinking of adding some feathers to my hair...I really like them!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

I love these! I just saw them in one of the gossip magz and thought it was such a cute idea!

Cherie@Accessoire said...

I love the feathers! Your feathers look great!