12.16.2011

Thumbprint Reindeer

I am now hooked on Pinterest.  If you haven't checked it out, it's so cool.  It's a great way to put all of the stuff you love, that you find on the internet,  in a folder and be able to go back and check it out.  I have found so many cool Christmas crafts that I'm in craft heaven!

Anyway, I found an adorable reindeer thumbprint ornament that I just had to try.  I love preserving my boys in some way throughout their lives.

All you need is an ornament (I recommend a shatterproof one)
brown acrylic paint
black sharpie marker
red sharpie or puff paint

1. Paint your child's thumb brown
2. Place it on the ornament
3.  Let dry
4.  draw 2 lines for antlers and make little V's
5.  draw the eyes with black sharpies
6.  I used puff paint for the little red nose
7.  Let dry and hang.
I just think they are soooo cute!  The best part is you can add several kids to one ornament and there's room to add more.

Happy Crafting all!  BJ

2 comments:

Angel said...

That's such a cute idea! I think I will make these this year!!

Rachel said...

Thats really cute! i've seen these as Christmas cards but I love the idea of making ornaments with them! Maybe Ill have a little one next Chritmas and I can do this! (fingers crossed!)