12.09.2011

Old Sneakers reused!

Do you have old sneakers laying around your house?  Or are you going to with Christmas around the corner?  I know I have at least 3 pairs.  Horrible, I know!  I hate throwing them away unless they have holes in them.  When I started running, I began wearing shoes out, but they still are in a good enough condition not to throw them away.  I hate taking shoes to Goodwill and people having to buy them.  So I was looking around this morning and found that Nike reuses them to make some cool stuff for reuse.
Like these
and these
I know if I found a playground with these soft surfaces, I wouldn't have to worry so much about my destructive little guys getting hurt!

Thanks to Nike and other cool places like them, we can recycle our old sneakers, and know they go to a good, safe place!

Check out the website here

Have a great day! BJ

4 comments:

The Naked Mother said...

That's a great idea. I have the same issue-several pair that are no longer ood enough to run in but I feel guilty gettin rid of them. I'll look into this!

Shiloh said...

That's really cool. I never knew that before. Lol, I'll be honest, I usually wear my shoes until they're barely recognizable.:)
I'm a new follower from The Chatty Mommy.

Quirky Homemaker said...

That's very cool!

Unknown said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing, I had no idea!