Here is a delicious recipe for Latkes (potato pancakes) that is pretty simple. I thought I might share this in celebration for Hanukkah that begins today.
What you'll need:
6 medium sized potatoes
1 medium onion, grated
1/2 C. flour
1 T. cooking oil
1. Peel and quarter potatoes and soak in cold water until ready to grate
2. Drain, dry and grate potatoes into mixing bowl. Squeeze out excess water
3. Beat eggs well and add to potatoes
4. Add flour, salt, grated onion and pepper to the potato and egg mixture. Mix all ingredients well.
5. Preheat frying pan to 375 degrees with cooking oil. shape 8 small cakes, place in frying pan and press gently. Fry until the latkes are crisp and well browned on both sis. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
I've also had them made with leftover mashed potatoes, either way they are delicious!