2 - Cups of white granulated sugar
2 - Cups of white distilled vinegar
2 - 15oz. (or close to it) cans of whole red beets
1 1/2 tsp pickling spices
1 - 4-Quart container with lid.
Boil your eggs. Put the eggs into a pan and fill with water to about 2 inches above the eggs. Wait for the water to come to a complete rolling boil and start timing from THAT point on (start timing after they are boiling). I usually time mine 7 minutes for medium eggs, 10 minutes for large eggs.
After 7 or 10 minutes, remove the eggs from the stove and run cold water into them until they are cool. Let them sit in the cold water for about 15 more minutes and then peel them and set in the refrigerator for now.
In pot place beets, vinegar, pickling spices and sugar, bring to a boil. Pour mixture in 4-quart container and add your eggs. Let them sit for a few days. I've learned the longer you let them sit, the better they taste.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Cut eggs in half. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Mash together with celery, onion, mayonnaise, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Stuff the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle eggs with paprika. Chill covered in the refrigerator until serving.
I hope you enjoy these recipes! Have a Tasty Tuesday!