11.11.2011

Thankful Journal

I think we all forget how thankful we are throughout the year for everything we have, but at least we can recognize our thankfulness, and teach our kids to be thankful throughout November.  This project will be able to help not only help our children to remember to be thankful from December to October, but also ourselves.

All you need is paper and old magazines.

Print the alphabet out from A-Z
Print out a front page reading My Thankful Journal or Your child's Name in place of My
This is a great opportunity to help your children with their cutting and gluing skills.  I drew a line around the picture he chose, then let him cut on the line, then he glued the picture down.

It is really cute to see what your child is thankful for, and there are so many options when they chose a picture for each letter of the alphabet.

I love this one!
When they are finished, they have a book to look through, throughout the year to remind them of all they have and are thankful for!
Be sure to put the pages in a protective cover or laminate the pages for years of preservation.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

Love, BJ

5 comments:

Krisztina Clifton said...

Awe, I should have my seven yr old daughter do this.:)
Anyway, just wanted to thank you for linking at at theblogentourage.com for the hop. I'm already following you on GFC. You are welcome to add your blog in our free directory if you haven't already!

Unknown said...

That's a good kiddo thankful idea! Especially encouraging them to choose something with each letter!

Unknown said...

Hi, just came from Stalk Hop Friday. This is a great idea for the kids. I remember doing this when I was little and today it's even more important for us to teach our kids to be thankful. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm a new follower. Please stop by when you have a chance.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

oh i love this idea! very cute, and also very important to teach kids how much they have to be thankful for...certainly something lacking in a lot of kids these days lol

Karima said...

What a great idea for young kids! your newest follower, Karima
www.karimascrafts.com