10.13.2011

Featured Post- Tri-ing to be Athletic

Greetings *Cutelings!

*Ok, I'm guessing that's not what DAT's so Cute followers are called, but "Claymates" was already taken.  So, please allow me to introduce myself.  I joined the blogoverse (totally a word, right?), in December.  As we all need to take on a superhero identity online, I chose the nom de plume of TriGirl and write over at Tri-ing to be Athletic.


I decided to stick with the French theme there.  Did you guys see that?

I started this site because I've never been what you might call athletic coordinated. I fell on my head when I was 2 (true story, but I digress).  I've been chronicling my often less-than-brilliant attempts to coordinate my little self into doing triathlons.  Why, you ask?  Because I am a sucker for peer pressure and a bunch of people at work were doing it.

My training includes running,


and biking,


and swimming.


(I'm what's known as a back-of-the-packer).

Sometimes I branch out and take a spin class,


go skiing,


or try Pilates.


I also write about my races in all their glory.  Some good,


some, well, not so much.


I have such a great time drawing, blogging and meeting other crazy like-minded people!  And, no matter what, just when I think I don't have anything more to blog about, I go work out and the story writes itself.  Like magic...disturbing, pathetic, graceless magic.

A big THANKS  to Bobbi/BJ for the opportunity to hijack "DAT's so Cute" for a day!





Tri-ing to be Athletic

3 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Julie is SO awesome! Love her :)

"Like magic...disturbing, pathetic, graceless magic."

TriGirl said...

Aww, thanks Dweej! And thanks BJ for letting me take over for the day :D

Robyn said...

so cute!