1.03.2013

Body Image

When I was pregnant with my youngest, I told myself that I wanted my old body back when I was finished breast feeding him.  When that time came, back in October, I didn't do much about it.  I've really thought about that statement.  I want my old body back, the more I think about it, the more I don't want my old body back, I want a new and improved body.  I'm ready to take the steps to be one hot, smokin mama, as my six year old says.

When I was in high school, I was in shape.  I played sports year round, and even in college I stuck with it.  I wasn't bulky or defined really, but I wasn't fat and I actually went to the gym.  After college and since, my weight has gone up and down, I've dieted, and quit, and repeat.  You all know how it is I'm sure.  After my oldest, I started running to get back down to my high school weight, and it worked.  I loved being the old me.  Ever since my second, I haven't hit that weight, and am a horrible food cheater.  If the food is here, I will eat it.  I'm trying to weed out most of the snack food, but I have to keep some for my boys.  I don't have anything that's really bad for us, but I still shouldn't eat it.

I actually started taking the right steps to a better me on Monday, I decided I wasn't waiting until the first or second to start being the best me I can be.  I have searched and searched on the internet, pinned all kinds of new ideas and recipes and even started running again, granted I'm not as fast as I was, but I will get there.

As for the new me, I want to eat cleaner, more fruits and veggies, less processed foods, which is extremely hard to do, at least so far it is.  I want the defined muscles, the ones that people say wow, I want those.  I've owned P90x for years, and am going to actually start using it.  I'm going to start making more time for me before and after the kids are in bed.  I want not only myself to be healthy, but also my family.  It is going to be hard work, but nothing worth keeping is easy, right?

What goals have you set for yourself?  Share them in a comment, and we can motivate each other!

Here are a couple signs I found on Pinterest.  I find them a little motivational.


If you'd like to follow me, and see my fitness and running boards, click here.

Good Luck and Happy Thursday!

No comments: