12.11.2012

Peppermint Sugar Scrub

Does everyone have all of their Christmas shopping done and ready?  For a change, I'm ahead of the game, I'm finished shopping and wrapped!  It is so relieving to be done.  I have to worry about is the baking and cooking.

I thought I would share with you all one of the ideas I used this year for a holiday present.  I've found a lot of people are making sugar scrubs this year, so I thought I would try it out.  I used what I had around the house for the first batch, then went in search of better products and ideas!

The first time I tried I used vegetable oil because one recipe said you could.  That was definitely a fail! It was gross, and didn't mix well with the sugar.  I put the finished product in mason jars that I had and put it by my sink, grant it, it still made my hands softer than before use, but I wasn't really happy with the outcome.

The next batch came out amazing, worthy enough to give away as gifts!


What you'll need
1 cup of Almond Oil (best thing to use!) Health Food Store
1 tbsp of Vitamin E Oil
20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
2 cups Sugar
1 jar of choice

Mix all ingredients together
For Candy Cane effect separate 1 cup out and add food coloring

If you want the candy cane effect, you need red food coloring, about 20 drops
Put enough scrub in bottom of container to fill bottom
Pat down with back of ice cream scooper, or whatever you have around the house

Layer
Seal and add a cute little label.  The back of my label has the directions for use.
Enjoy!





No comments: