7.14.2014

Motivation Monday- The Friends you chose

When we are kids, our parents say, "you are known by the company you keep."  As we grow older, it begins to makes sense when we get in trouble with them or get praised with them depending on our actions.

Things really don't change when we become adults, our associations might change, and the way we behave around our friends might change, but we still choose friends that for the most part are like minded with ourselves.  We learn that our friends make us happy, they like the same things we do and we can relate to them.  If for some reason these things don't happen, we go our separate ways and find friends that motivate us in our choices and make us feel great in our accomplishments or bring us up when we are down.  Friends that talk about you or aren't there to motivate us, are they really friends?  People who only speak to us when they want something, are they friends?

I have met some amazing friends on the internet.  I may have not physically met them in person, well, not all of them, but they are amazing.  When I'm having a bad day, they are there to bring me up, and remind me that we all have been through it, and it will be better.  When I'm not in the mood to workout, they motivate me to get off my booty and get stuff done!  Some days, all I have to do is check out Instagram and see their photos of their badass selves working out, or running or their amazing meals, or whatever they may have done for the day.  That is usually enough for me to do something that would make myself proud.  The amazing part about these ladies is they are always there for me, and I try my best to be there for them.

Yesterday I had the privilege to meet one of my long time internet buddies.  We met years ago when I began blogging, then started following each other on twitter, Instagram and myfitnesspal.  She is an amazing lady and has been working her booty off on her weight loss journey.  Kandy you are amazing!  Thank you so much for all your hard work, and motivation!  I am honored to have met you and call you my friend!

If you are in need of some amazing fitness minded friends, these are my ladies!  My fitness sisters, my #superwomanfitfamclub ladies, the women that motivate me, bring me up when I'm down, and are just amazing women in general!  I love each and every one of them!  Check them out!!

                                 
                                                                               
         Brooke                      Vanessa                     Kandy                      Ashley                      Dana

                                                                 Erica               Natalie

Don't forget to follow me @DATssocute on Twitter, @Datssocute on Instagram

Remember.....

Surrond yourself
around fitness
minded people.
Positivity can be so
Contagious!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I love every word of this!! Thank you for also being there for me :)