6.13.2012

Summer Reading

Good morning friends!!  Hope you all are having an  amazing week! With summer here, I'm starting my reading.  I know I don't read throughout the winter with my shows on, but come summer time, there is plenty of opportunity to read all the books that I've missed.  I started my summer reading last Thursday, and am so in love with the trilogy, I can barely stand myself.  Any time my boys are in bed, I have my nose in my book, or my reader.  I started Thursday with Fifty Shades of Grey, and finished Fifty Shades Darker today.

OMG, those books are HOT!  I've never read anything like that before.  I'm used to Harry Potter and Twilight, and there is no comparison, hands down.  My aunt told me for weeks she had a book she thought I would like, but she never told me what it was.  One day, I heard rumors of who everyone wants to play the roles for the movie, and that's what peeked my interest.  I called her immediately and ask if she had heard of the book, she said, "those are the one's I've been telling you I wanted you to read."  Well heck, I should have listened to her sooner, they were totally worth the read.  I'm trying to slow down and savor the last one since it's the last in the trilogy.  I'm not sure what else I should read this summer.  I really don't have a list of books, or even an idea of what's worth reading.
Since I haven't seen The Help yet, I will probably try and get it read.  I've heard The Hunger Games is wonderful too, but I'm not sure if it's something that tickles my fancy.  With that being said, what are you ready this summer, or what would you recommend?

3 comments:

Andrea @ Keepin it Thrifty said...

AAHHHH --- Fifty shades is NEXT for me--ive been told to wait till my hubby is home to read them {SO HOT AND STEAMY} You should totally read the hunger games--they are REALLY good! another trilogy i loved was the Girl with the dragon tattoo! Soo good!! --Skim thru my Goodreads i have alot of books on there! Jodi Pocult is really good and Anita Shreeve--- Nicholas Sparks Safe have is really good!-- well everything he write is amazing!

Ashley said...

Oh Mr.Grey! He was a character to read but the leading lady was a bore. If you havent gotten hooked to Good Reads yet you need to go check it out. Also I have a whole list of great book series on my blog :)

Unknown said...

Those are on my to read list too! I have a whole list over on Good Reads if you wanna check it out. We seem to like the same kinds... :) http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8702645-kassi