12.06.2013

It's not about the scale

It has taken me a long time to realize that the scale isn't the main component to my happiness.  My friends Kandy, Vanessa, and Ashley, have been great support and motivation for me.  They are the ones that have told me over and over not to worry about what the scale says.  Measure yourself for a true reading.  Honestly it has taken many, many months for me to accept the scale tells lies.  I have always been obsessed with what the scale said.  Most of my life, it said you're fat, lose weight!  I now only get on it to see if the way I eat changes the number.  I am more obsessed with if I fit in my jeans, and if when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see.  There are days I look in the mirror and say, yesterday was a bad day, it's ok, but get let's have a better day.  Some days it works and others it doesn't.

We all need to remember that muscle weighs more than fat.  If we have been lifting and we are getting toned, the number on the scale probably is going to go up, but that's ok, we are defining the fat that is there.  We are making the choice to tone up and not just let it wiggle anymore.

Don't get discouraged, I know it's hard, but you need to remember...
1. Don't worry about that scale and
2. Have a couple really great support friends that get what you're going through.

I may not have a lot to lose, but I have goals that my friends understand.  They help me get back and stay on track when I have those days.  They motivate me by seeing what and how they are doing, and I really don't know what I would do without them, (well truthfully, I probably would have quit a couple dozen times)  They are amazing and granted I have never met them, I consider them close friends!  To my #superwomanfitfam ladies, I love you!

If you would like a support friend, I'm here!  @Datssocute on twitter or email me at datssocute@gmail.com


No comments: