4.03.2012

Pasta e Fajioli

Happy Tuesday all!  I thought I would share my recipe for Pasta e Fagioli with you all today.  I don't make mine completely traditional, I add a little meat in it, for a little something extra, but it's super yummy!

I had the privilege to try Knorr's new 4-tub pack of Homestyle stock free, and this was the first recipe that came to mind.  I love how small the tubs are.  It makes them so much easier to store, they don't take up nearly as much space.  Here, check it out.
Big difference, right?  Anyway, with a recipe like this, I couldn't really taste any difference, but I sure do love the size!  I would recommend the tubs for space saving.  You do have to boil water and melt them for a stock, which wasn't that big of a deal, I did that while I browned my meat.  If you are in a hurry, then the pre made stock would be a better option.

What you'll need:
1 pound ditalini macaroni
2 cans cannelloni beans (white)
1 clove garlic, cleaned and sliced thin
2 Tbs tomato paste
1 chopped onion
1-28 Oz. can diced tomatoes
3 Tbs chopped Parsley
1 quart of chicken broth
1 lb of beef or italian sausage

Brown meat, onion and garlic.  Add tomato and parsley with the liquid from the tomatoes to the onion and garlic.  Dissolve the tomato paste in the broth.  Add this to the tomato and seasoning mixture.  Empty the beans (do not drain) to the mixture.  Cover and simmer for one hour.  In a separate kettle, cook the macaroni and drain it,  add to the bean and tomato mixture, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.  Before serving, salt and pepper to taste.

Thank you to Knorr's for letting us try your stock.  I would recommend it to others, and will be getting more often to use!

No comments: