7.16.2020

Shadow Box Memories

Most memory boxes that I have seen on the internet are exactly that, boxes.  I wanted a box that I could see all of the items I have saved over the years to remind me of those memories.  What's the point of saving items if you are going to just throw it in a box and never look at it again? 

I purchased a shadow box from Michaels with a glass front and figured it would be a great way to see my memories every time I walk past it. When we all were forced to work and be home, I took time every day cleaning different places around the house.  I found a box of tickets and stubs that I was going to scrapbook, but never did and was excited to place them in my living room for all to see.  




I have years and years worth of items that I have saved.  Each ticket puts a smile on my face and warms my heart.  Just looking at each one takes me back to that time in our family history.  

I used my handy dandy Cricut to cut some vinyl to place on the glass of the shadow box, with the saying, Oh the places we've been...the things we've seen...

I placed the items in the box in no particular order, but trying to put the smaller items in the front and larger in the back.  Every single ticket, or stub, may not be seen, but at least  they aren't sitting in a closet where they are forgotten about.  Now every time I walk into my living room I get to be reminded of all of the fun things we have done over the years, and even spark conversations with the kids and friends that come over and see the box.  The great thing about these shadowboxes is that they come in all different sizes and they are a great width to places several items in.  Boxes don't have to just be stubs and tickets; shirts, shot glasses, anything you pick up while on your travels could possibly be put in.  I hope that you enjoy this item and try it out as well. Happy Memories!


No comments: