9.18.2012

Refrigerator Pickles

When I was pregnant with my first son my amazing neighbor Kim use to make refrigerator pickles.  I would eat so many of hers that she began to make me my own.  Let me tell you now, this stuff is so easy and delicious I can't get enough of them.  What you'll need:

Pickling cucumbers (to your liking)
1 onion
1 cup of white vinegar
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
Black Pepper

Mix the vinegar, water and sugar together and heat in the microwave just enough to heat.
Add the onion and Vinegar and Pepper to taste
There needs to be enough of the mixture to cover the cucumbers, that's how I base how many cucumbers I put into the mix.  You could also make more of the mixture, as long as you keep the mixture equal parts.

Hopefully you can still find the cucumbers for a few more weeks.  Stock up if you can and make a few batches, they are worth it, and enjoy!

xoxo BJ

No comments: